July 05, 2014

Kuelap

Before we came to Perú I saw this trip in the guide books and thought that there would be no way to get Kerry to take this trip.  I thought that the only way I was going was if my friend Pete came to visit.  Well, Kerry surprised me again, I guess she realized that this was a once in a lifetime experience and that we will probably never get here again to experience it.  Kerry's blog has a great description of the trip(http://kerryedwyer.com/2014/07/02/kuelap-the-city-in-the-clouds/), so check out her blog if you haven't already.  Here are some pictures that I liked.
Gocta! Falls 



No guard rails

Gocta!
King of the World!


One of many road blocks!

Stairs to Kuelap.





Cute Llama....  Actually he's pooping...



Love of my life...


If you look to the right in the distance you can see the road.  We had to drive that road all the way around the perimeter of the canyon.  You can see it reappear on the left near the top of the rocks in the foreground.  A harrowing drive! 













Getting gas...  

The transport truck needs to wait.....  These trucks transport people, cattle and anything else you can fit.  

Road block

Crazy road!

No comments: