August 21, 2013

Dos Vacas....

As you know I love my walk to work in the morning because of the different experiences I have.  This morning I was doing my normal walk to work and a native Andean woman with two cows was attempting to get them across the road and over  the barbed wire fence into the field to to graze, I suppose.  Well she was having trouble and saw me and asked me to help.  I am not sure how I knew what she was saying to me and I asked her "Ayude" which I think means you help? and she said "si" so I stopped my walk, grabbed a rope that was connected to the nose ring of the cow and pulled.  The first cow went somewhat willingly but the second was not so happy to walk over the barbed wire.  So I stepped on the barbed wire and gave the the cow a pull.  It still resisted and the lady told me to slap it on the behind...  Not quite in those words but I understood her Spanish and gesture of slap on the rump.  So I walked to the back of the cow and slapped it.  It didn't like it too much but went over, I waved goodbye and continued on my walk.  I don't have any pictures because I thought it would be a little tacky to pull out the iphone while I was doing all of this.

I also saw the most amazing full moon set behind the mountains today......


1 comment:

MaxxTheDog said...

I really want to know how she showed you how to hit it on the butt!