January 22, 2008

The Ice Museum

We went to the Ice museum the night before I came home.
The ice museum is in the town called Chena Hot Springs.

A knight jousting

A Wedding Chapel

A candle

The whole Museum.


A bear bed .

People can stay in this room for a night. The cost for the room is $525.00 per night. So far they have had 2 people make it the whole night. The bed is made of ice and there are two animal pelts on the bed. I am sure you can bring your own sleeping bag as well. The room is 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
An Igloo

The knights jousting again.

A Glass. : )

Pete, Dolores, and me at the ice bar.


The outside of the ice museum

An ice bed

An ice outhouse

Me in an ice bed
This is outside of the Chena Hot Springs. The frost has covered the trees and the basketball hoop.




1 comment:

Jean BV said...

Hey Matt,

I had no idea you were an Alaska nut. Do you know KF? She was a School Psych there until she retired a few years ago. Used to have to look out for moose poop in her front yard. Yep.

I saw that you visited a school while in Alaska...why am I not surprised? You are SUCH a sucker for little kids. And I also saw where you went...now when the kids at West Ridge look at you trustingly and ask you the big question--you can say "You bet there is a Santa, I have the pictures to prove it and I visited where he lives!!!"

You're cute Geiger, real cute.