September 14, 2014

Winter?? Fun!!!!!

Hello all my beloved followers.

I haven't written much in the last month or so because my computer has been in Lima again.  This time my video card went out and Kerry called Apple and got it covered so it only cost us time and the delivery to Lima for the the repair.  I think it cost us about $50.00 total for the repair.  We now have about $100.00 into the last two repairs but now I think we have a practically new computer.  New Motherboard and power source after the storm and now a new video card.

Since writing last time I have been documenting most of my travels and parties on Facebook.  Since coming back I have been getting to know our new teachers who replaced the ones that left over the summer.  We have a couple of people volunteering from Manchester, England (Kiki- go figure- and Louie).  We also have four new teachers, June from PerĂº via Osaka, David from Cleveland via the Philippines and Portland Maine and Rodrigo from Lima via London, Chile and I am sure some other places and Graham from New Zealand he is here on a one year sabbatical.  While we miss the people who left, the new people have stepped right up and have been a lot of fun to get to know.  I also have a new Head Teacher(Boss) who is also a lot of fun to work with and is from Scotland via most recently Katmandu.  So my last month and a half has been interesting getting to know a lot of people and having a lot of fun on the weekends.

Today we are having our annual Packer Party/Parrilla.  I suppose it is really called an Asado which is a barbecue where everyone brings some meat to grill, a dish to pass and something to drink.  I will grill during the first game (12:00) and watch the second game (Packer Game) and explain Football Americano!!  It should be great fun...

It appears that the rainy season has begun, because it rained all night last night....  Today I have a slideshow to share with your...



1 comment:

sarahbobera said...

Just so you can have another word for BBQ, in South Africa they call it a Braai!