January 28, 2015

The Long Break

I really love the long winter break that the South American school schedule affords. It also makes the school year nice and obvious.  We start in February and end in December. So last school year was very easy to understand it was the 2014 school year, not the 2014/15 school year.

That might all change as I look for a new school to work in for the 2015/2016 school year or if I land a particular job I might remain on the southern hemisphere schedule in one of the schools of which I am looking. At the moment things are very up in the air and fluid.

This year's break brought us home for Christmas, Panama, and Lima before coming back here for two weeks before school begins again. Hopefully the job scene clears up for me in the next couple of weeks. Here are some pictures of the places I went on my summer vacation....

We arrived home rather close to Christmas which was nice.  Here are some of the pictures:










Shannon in the Geography Bee.--  Better than the Spelling Bee 
Mom at the Geiger Christmas


From Peter's Perspective



New Year's Eve Party!
Yum, Bryan's famous chai creme brulee...
Checking on Angela's cottage on the way to Ann and Tim's cottage!
The snow shoe bunnies!
Bunny feet with sores....How do the bunnies do it?
Pat and his Cubans
Pasta at Linda and Skip's 
Bourbon at Skip and Linda's

More pictures to come ......on the next post



No comments: