August 03, 2014

Trip Home



Well I made it back to Cajamarca yesterday.  I was very excited to return and feel like it's my home.  Interestingly, I found it more difficult to leave my family and friends this time around, unlike during winter break.  I think it has to do with realizing that we have spent a year away and this is actually is going to be my life for a long while.  It is not an experiment.   It also connects with the amazing feeling I had when I got back to my simpler life in Cajamarca.  I have emotionally accepted that this is my home.  Not necessarily Cajamarca, but living abroad, traveling, and experiencing the world from a different perspective.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family and friends and enjoy every minute experiencing their presence.  I will continue to miss people and long for my family and friends that can't be replaced.  I am however, falling into this lifestyle very easily and feel like I am on the correct course.

Surprisingly we didn't use our "good" camera at all and only have a few pictures from the I-phone and from others.  Here are some of the highlights from my trip.  I am sure Kerry will have a different perspective and of course different pictures when she returns in a couple of weeks....

We arrived and immediately went to Sobelman's for the burger that I was longing for for a long time.  A very nice tradition...
Shannon and Kieran  
The world cup puzzle we brought back for the kids. 
 

Our welcome home signs!
In line for Goliath!!!
Shannon got so crazy I had to cage her for a while.

At batman at Six Flags.

Getting ready for the trip to the cottage 

Retrieving the new Aqua Patio
Lunch with the family.

I didn't make it for the Kessler shots at Vandy's


Watching Shannon's game....
Photo bomb!!
Golf at Old Hickory
Watching Kieran's game.
Our Anniversary.
My beautiful bride..
The Clum's at the cottage.
Heading to Minocua

Kayaking with Tom.
Heading back for final visits....
Kopps...  Video to follow.....

Farewell visit...
Peter and his new golf clubs.
Heading home!!

2 comments:

peter said...

I know what you mean regarding feeling at home, even though it is not your comfort zone. Enjoy. And sorry we missed you. Can recommend the great sites near Trujillo and Chiclayo - Chan Chan, Sipac, etc. Peter and Annie, now back in freezing Falklands.

Jan said...

Happy anniv! Kerry looks gorgeous in her wedding dress revisited!